Saturday, December 26, 2009

When do I use olive oil and pesto?

My cousin gave me pasta, olive oil, and pesto as part of my Xmas present and I have no idea when to use them when cooking. I usually just boil the noodles then add in marinara sauce after I drain the water. I'm obviously not a chef, so any help is greatly appreciated!When do I use olive oil and pesto?
Drain the water,then mix your pasta with pesto sauce only,no other sauce is needed.You can use pesto for lots of other things as well.Try spreading some on garlic bread,then topping it with mozzarella cheese.Also,don`t add oil to the cooking water because it will make your pasta sauce slide off.Use the olive oil any time you would use regular oil.Not for baking,though.Check www.foodnetwork.com or www.allrecipes.com or www.tammystimes.com/node for great ideas.When do I use olive oil and pesto?
pasta goes great with pesto. mmm you can use those together. Olive oil you can use to cook anything (like eggs or frying food).. or use it to cook potatoes in the oven...
pesto has olive oil in it , don't mix w/ marinara or any cheap canned sauce , use the olive oil for better dishes you might otherwise use el-cheapo type oil or grease in . pasta + pesto is good...put the pesto on top of your pasta-while it's on your plate
You can use a few drops of oil in the water to keep the pasta from sticking. You can also mix in some Italian seasonings into the oil in a dish %26amp; dip bread into it. Yes, drain your pasta %26amp; mix pesto as the sauce for it.
Mix it with some fettuccine and make a salad and have some bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment