Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Can I sub olive oil for cooking spray?

I'm making pancakes and I don't have any butter, vegetable oil, canola oil, or cooking spray.


Can I just use olive oil?Can I sub olive oil for cooking spray?
sure if its all you got. just a drop and rub it around with paper towels so you apply as little as possible


they will taste a little richer then your used toCan I sub olive oil for cooking spray?
Yes it is possible to use olive oil in place of cooking spray. Regular olive oil would be the best from an economical standpoint, as it is more flavor-neutral than extra virgin olive oil. The heat of the cooking process will destroy the deeper flavors characteristic of extra virgin oil.





Just make certain that you don't use too much or your dish might come out greasier than the recipe intends. There are a few devices currently on the market that allow you to use your own olive oil in a form that is similar to the aerosol cans of cooking spray. You can also borrow a method from the bartending world and dash a little olive oil into the utensil that needs to be coated, move it around so that the cooking surface is covered entirely, and then spill out the excess oil.
Sure you can.





One problem is that it will have a ';funny '; taste to ..at least on the surface.





If you have a teflon pan use that on a medium heat and no need for oil.
Sure. It might not taste as good, and it might not be as healthy, but you could... btw, if your making pancakes, how are you on the computer typing this and stuff?
Yes... I use this for everything in a pan... to me extra virgin is so light that I don't taste anything added from using oil.
yes, of course. Just use very little and i would lightly salt it so it tastes a bit more like butter or margarine and less like olive oil
Yes, just a small amount. Put some on a paper towel and coat cooking surface.
I made pancakes this morning and used olive oil. I think it is fine. The flavor might be different so just use a little.
Absolutely. They may be a bit moister with olive oil.

No comments:

Post a Comment