Saturday, December 26, 2009

How can I incorporate olive oil into my diet?

I like the health benefits from olive oil and I like the taste, but I can't seem to think of any ways to incorporate it into my diet other than pouring some on a salad. Any suggestions? Thanks a lot!How can I incorporate olive oil into my diet?
Any time you have a sandwich, instead of using mayo or mustard, use a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil. People in Italy love the taste so they even use it on desserts. They will actually drizzle it over ice cream. You can alo find a recipe online for an olive oil cake. Basically anything you need oil for you can use the olive oil. Just remember that extra virgin will begin to smoke and break down at a lower temperature than most other oils so dont fry at high temps if you use extra virgin.How can I incorporate olive oil into my diet?
Use it to cook with also. On roasted veggies, or sauteeing stuff in it. You can even use it with a little balsalmic to dip bread in. There are pleanty of ways to incorporate it into your diet.
Saute anything in it. Make your own salad dressings. Make dipping sauce. I use it 90% of the time for cooking, just not baking, then I use canola. If it's not a bakery item, use olive oil.
you can fry anything in it.





You can put it on toast with some garlic and tomato. (willmake your breath smell but it's really nice)





I use a bit on any sort of savoury sandwich.





On pasta it's great, along with some oregano





You can actually put it directly onto your skin. IT's very good for skin cells apparently





Basically, you can add it to any sort of savory food.
Add vinegar to it and some salt and pepper makes a good dressing. Bake and cook with it. I only use Olive oil for all cooking. Only extra virgin for salads and dressings. I use pomus olive oil for cooking and deep frying.


It's not good for baking cakes and pastries.





Use vinegar and oil mix with chicken and bake. Season as needed. I like spicy.
You can put it on just about anything. You could pour some in your water before it boils for pasta, it could go on bread or almost anything you put in the oven to make it brown, etc. Just go to a cooking website and look up some more
What i like to do is get some real bread, not the soft wimpy kind, and a small bowl of olive oil. Add some spices like Cumin, Tumeric, pepper, basil or whatever suits your fancy. Dip the bread in the olive oil and eat.





I use tumeric because that's healthy for you.
cook with it. dont use extra virgin though because this will burn. anything you would normall shallow fry can be fried in olive oil
In the mornings i have soup, and i pour some on my soup. Or yo can get a slice of bread(french bread workd best for this) and eat it with olive oil.
Use it to cook your meats, example if you are sauteing chicken for a stir fry, use olive oil rather than veg or sesame oil. Use it in marinades, like mixing spices with vinegar and oil and putting beef chicken, veggies or pork in it. Basically any time you need oil to make something you can substitute olive oil. Well maybe not in cakes, not sure how that would taste but I think next time Imake one I'll try that.
make some pizza dough, theres lots of olive oil in that. cook with it whenever the recipe calls for another oil, like if your making a stir fry of some kind. you can also brush some on toast or a toasted bagel and then put some kind of spread on it.
drink a glass of it everyday
You can take a small amount of olive oil and mix it with grated cheese, and pepper, and you can dip italian or olive bread bread in it. If you make a nice spread of cheeses, wine, and maybe some fresh olives and vegetables, it's a good midday snack with a lot of health benefits. Not a huge lunch but equally as filling. The wine is also very good for your heart. If you're looking to go healthy, I also want to reccomend Lipton Green Tea w/ citrus. Very tasty and refreshing.

No comments:

Post a Comment