Saturday, December 26, 2009

Is olive oil bad to use as a lubricant for ear stretching?

I started stretching (gauging) my ears today, and ended up getting a size too big. Somebody told me I'll be fine if I use olive oil as a lubricant.


I don't have any ky jelly or anything lying around, and they said olive oil is better than vaseline.


Does anybody know if this is true or not?Is olive oil bad to use as a lubricant for ear stretching?
You are NEVER better off skipping a size, always go to the next size up. And you should always use lubricant when you go to that size. Although many people, including me, go from 20g to 16g, or 18g to 14g and not have trouble, after that skipping sizes becomes incrementally more dangerous.


It's best to use something like jojoba, vitamin E oil, emu oil, or something meant for skin use. Olive oil will work in a pinch, just wipe off the excess and pick up some skin oil for future use.Is olive oil bad to use as a lubricant for ear stretching?
Yes it is fine... but olive oil tends to absorb faster so I don't know if it would lubricate as good as KY or Vaseline. But yeah it works, just use enough.

1 comment:

  1. Great info! I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don’t know what to say except that I have.
    Storage Units St. Joseph MO

    ReplyDelete