Saturday, December 26, 2009

How can I infuse olive oil with some extra flavors at home?

What are some flavors I can add to extra virgin olive oil and how can I do it at home instead of paying for a $30 bottle.How can I infuse olive oil with some extra flavors at home?
Take lemon slices sliced super thin put about half a lemons worth per 12oz oil seal let set 7days min can do same with fresh rosemary about 3-4 sprigs per 12oz and to save money mix your olive oil 50-50 with canola oil for making flavored oils its what is done in the kitchens of many restaurants good luck and keep on cookingHow can I infuse olive oil with some extra flavors at home?
Just add fresh herbs any kind you want to the olive oil and left in infuse for a few days. The flavor should be in the oil. This has worked for me and saved a lot of money too.
What I have done is put them in small or large bottles the close tightly, and i add herbs and spices of my choosing. it works really good for bread dipping oils and things.

No comments:

Post a Comment