Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Olive oil ?

I have heard of using olive oil for moisturizer and wondered if anybody else has and if you have used it yourself. If so has it been the kind you can purchase at grocery stores, is it extra virgin or just regular. Im thinking of using it, it sounds cheap and natural. Let me know if you have used it and you like it, Thanks in advance!Olive oil ?
Yes I have used it alot in the past. You just have to make sure you wash your hair with shampoo twice. It's a great way to massage your scalp, and this stimulates hair growth.


Use extra virgin olive oil from the grocery store.


http://myfashionaddictions.blogspot.com/


There is an article here with links to other sites about olive oil.Olive oil ?
The first I heard of this was from my grandmother, she is 85 and she seems to have the smoothness/softest skin I've ever seen and touch (next to a baby's)...I ask her what she uses and she opened up her chest drawer and showed me Olive Oil..straight from the grocery store..I laughed at first because I thought she was joking...She uses Olive oil for almost everything (kinda like the dad with the Windex in that my Greek wedding movie). But any way she convince me and I started to use it..I have a bottle of extra virgin olive oil in the shower after I bath at night I rub my body while wet with the oil. I pat myself dry and then get ready for bed...


I have been getting the best compliments on my skin lately and my husband tells me that it is baby soft. I do not apply it to my face but I do put a very little around my eyes (dip my ring finger in and rub it around the eyes) so that I can fight crows feet..lol..I think with it being an oil if you place it on your face you may clog your pores causing larger pores and maybe even start to have breakouts.


I have notice the change in my skin also and smile because something so simple works so well. As for my hair, I use it there also as a hot oil moisturizer (don't over do it, especially if you hair is fine like mine). Again it worked great! It's Natural and it Works..as for the price...you can purchase it out of your local grocery store at the price that is most economical for you.
yes, i use it in my hair when i go to bed a wek or so before i want to dye my hair, this helps the pores in your hair open up so the color will take better. i would'nt use too much as a moisturizer, cuz it gets really greasy, maybe just a dot. oh, and really, it's not that cheap, extra virgin olive oil can cost up to fifteen bucks depending on the brand. they're all the same though so get the cheapest. and get the extra virgin olive oil, it's better!
I've used olive oil [virgin for my hair] not my face. If you have sensitive skin, it could break your face out. Baby oil is also a great alternative for Olive oil. I use it at night. That way in the morning my face is smooth. Don't over apply the baby oil, unless you want an extra oily face [It'll eventually dry] But just enough so that you can lightly powder your face if it's a tad bit shiny. ';]
Olive oil is benefical for skin and hair but the problem is when you try to wash it off with water your skin looks oily because water and oil don't mix. So if you're puting it on your skin make sure you apply a face wash before using water when washing the oil off.
Im not sure its that great for the skin personally...Though try it and see if you like it. You might break out

No comments:

Post a Comment