Saturday, December 26, 2009

I like putting extra virgin olive oil on my sandwiches. Does it make a difference what brand it is?

Or is the generic brand just as good as a name brand? If it makes a difference, which is the best brand to buy?I like putting extra virgin olive oil on my sandwiches. Does it make a difference what brand it is?
Just look for a dark oil. Spanish, Greek or Italian oils are generally pretty dark. Check to see if it'sold pressed, as heat breaks down the quality of th oil. Colivita is a realitively inexpensive EV oil but has a wonderful flavor. Store your oil in a cool dry place, not cold and keep it away from the light.I like putting extra virgin olive oil on my sandwiches. Does it make a difference what brand it is?
Bertoli is the BEST!
I have found that you get what you pay for. If you are using olive oil for frying or adding it (for god knows what reason) to boiling water the quality can be a little lower and you can use the store brand. If it is the star of your dish, for example: You want to use it to dress something like a soup, salad, or sandwich you may want to go with a better quality olive oil. Either way...let your taste buds do the talking here. If you like store brand by all means use that! :)
no
I am sure that the fresher the better, like if you got it from an olive grower's shop. But otherwise I think they are all pretty expensive and all about the same :)
The brand shouldn't make a difference you want to read the label to see if it's pressed or not. Pressed EVOO is better quality.

No comments:

Post a Comment