Saturday, December 26, 2009

How do i use olive oil on my face for dry skin?

The skin on my face is extremely dry and i have dry patches on my cheeks and around my nose and mouth! I've tried exfoliators, moisturizers and almost everything else!! Can someone please explain to me how i can use olive oil on my face?How do i use olive oil on my face for dry skin?
i wouldn't suggest olive oil but viamin e cream or oil. i use cocoa butter cream on my face and sometimes vitamin e. I have also heard that vitamin c oil is also good. try the vitamon e oil first and see how that works for you. Drink plenty of water because that helps clean your pores and hydrates your skin.How do i use olive oil on my face for dry skin?
your doing right by drinking water as it hydrates your skin, but are you doing too much to your face all at once and it's drying it out? if so just get a hydrating skin cleanser like olay hydrate and cleanse and a moisturizer like olay hydrating moisturizer. if we do too much to our skin it will wrinkle early so just try to use products right for your skin type. and as the weather gets warmer skin care changes from dry to oily so you'll have to get oil free products then.
Yes ! olive oil is well if you make a mask with honey and olive oil, but try Argan oil, ';wonderful'; for very dry skin, you must drink much water, and don't forget your night cream
well you can use olive oil or baby oil for dry skin. but wash your face and don't dry your face.. always wash your face with cold water and take little oil on your plam and massage your face.. and let it be there for 5 to 10 min.. you don't want to do every day.. morelikely once a week.
As a skincare junkie!! I would suggest any product that has either vitamin c, or lavender essential oil. These are both very hydrating properties. I do not have dry skin however, my husband is extremely dry and he uses soothing cream from Source Vital. I buy it online since where I live we dont have anybody who sells it BUMMER I know. However, my mom uses Aveeno and that works great!!! I guess it is just based on what you are looking for and how much you wan to spend. I usually pay 11.00 plus shipping for the soothng cream and it last forever. Not sure why but my hubby loves it!! So you should try that or like I said anything with lavender or vitamin c!!!
first damp your face then apply one tea spoon of olive oil then massage it with the help of your finger in upward direction.


olive oil is really good. but use it at night and wash your face in the morning. you will never have wrinkles toooooooooooo.
You just rub a little bit on like you would baby oil. I like to use sweet almond oil on my face. It doesn't clog pores or have a strong smell like olive oil. Almond oil is used to treat eczema in traditional medicine. You can get it at most health food stores or online. It makes my skin softer than any moisturizer i have ever used (which is about everything there is!). Don't exfoliate with a scrub until the dry patches clear up or they will get worse. Gemini is right with drinking lots of water too!
In the winter when my skin is really dry this is what I do and I love the results! I put about tablespoon of olive oil in a small bowl and then pour salt in it. Enough to make a paste. I then rub it on my hands, face, or feet, anywhere I need to soften or moisturize or exfoliate. I usually do this right before I take a shower. Wash as usual and you will LOVE the way your skin feels!

No comments:

Post a Comment