Saturday, December 26, 2009

What is the best olive oil to use as everyday cooking item that is not sooooooooo expensive?

I enjoy cooking gourmet cooking whever i can afford it .Its just that i cant find one that is satfied to plate yet. I have tried different ones but not to my satisfactions.Whenever i am watching the cooking shows they never tell you always what olive oil they or evooil they uses because i want my food to taste good also.I have tried several dishes so far and everyone that i have tried them on say they were good(the usually eat everything i make but in opinion my taste is a little different. my next question is why I can't find sherry wine vinrgar? I have tried sooooo many local stores but unable to find the item.of coarse i can go on line but that can be expensive to. now don';t get me wrong I have paid for expensive items but i just have to buy more than 1 or two before I can get right. I have a computer (HP) appro 3 yrs this is my 5th modern and prehaps i will be receiving my 6th on after tommorrow.why? do I have so many modern? I thought when I purchase my computer a one time is.What is the best olive oil to use as everyday cooking item that is not sooooooooo expensive?
I always use bertolli extra virgin.... it is just a safe bet.


as for the sherry wine vinegar..... try central market.... they are the only one that carries fresh juniper berries for when I make tenderloin. they should have it.What is the best olive oil to use as everyday cooking item that is not sooooooooo expensive?
In most cases you get what you pay for. If you stay with extra virgin olive oil it is a milder flavor. Extra Extra is even lighter in flavor. Bertoli is a good middle of the field price. The difference in the types of grading of the oil is how the oil is pressed from the olives. Extra Extra I believe is first cold press of the olive and filtered. Extra virgin is to be from the first cold press of the olive. Regular olive oil may be heated and pressed to get more oil from the olives. The area that the olives are grown will effect the taste.
actually, the only oil you should cook with that doesn't change in molecular structure when heated is organic virgin unrefined coconut oil, but if you prefer to use olive oil, you can buy extra virgin olive oil for about $7 at trader joe's if you have one in your area. it's really not that expensive. and you can get coconut oil for about $9 for a 16 oz jar at stores like wild oats or whole foods.


oh and the sherry wine vinegar, you should be able to get that at trader's too. they have most everything you need, except when it comes to spices or coconut oil. ;)
As to the olive oil. I buy it in the gallon cans and pour a bottles worth into an empty olive oil jar. It costs a little more up front, but it saves money in the long run. As to the sherry vinegar you should be able to get it at Trader Joes or any gourmet shop or on line.
As crazy as this sounds, we use the Walmart house brand of extra virgin olive oil. It rocks for every day use. We were pleasantly surprised.
I use extra virgin olive oil. i'm sure any brand will work but I use Bertolli brand. I get it at sams and it's $21. for 2 large bottles.
I always buy mine from Trader Joe's. There's always several varieties at a reasonable in cost. You should be able to find sherry wine vinegar at Trader Joe's also.





try using a really good surge protector that you can run your telephone or cable line through and then to the modem. it sounds like they keep burning out. also, when you go to install it, ground yourself to protect it from static electricity. make sure you use non-magnetic tools also.
I use unfiltered extra virgin olive oil , tastes better than the regular, I buy my gourmet oils and vinegars at TJ Maxx , they have great stuff and it is very cheap. Even cheaper than WalMart and sometimes you can find very expensive items for a fraction of the real price.
I confess to being an all-out rebel: I often buy the cheapest, darkest, fruitiest olive oil on the shelf ... usually in the Spanish imports section, with all the bottles of smashed olives for salad, and stuff .... it makes a zorchy spaghetti sauce and I slurp through dinner, vowing that someday I will be rich and can buy stuff that I will be proud of !!
I usually use a lower grade mixed 50/50 with canola when sauteing or frying, I'll also sometimes add a pat of butter. If it's a salad or raw food or I want the flavor of the olive oil reinforced at the end of cooking then I'll use the expensive stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment