Thursday, January 7, 2010

Where to buy good extra virgin olive oil?

Extra virgin, cold pressed olive oil should have a wonderful, almost sweet smell. If you keep it too long, it turns sort of rancid and you can smell that easily. I have bought EVOO at many places, and I can't seem to find a brand or a store with constant good quality oil. Even when I buy it at a very busy Trader Joe's, often when I open the bottle at home it already lost its taste.





Where should I go, or which brand should I use?Where to buy good extra virgin olive oil?
I can find the best XVO at grocery stores that bake italian bread.





Whether its a trend, or just something they do. All the grocery stores in my area that have a bakery seem to carry a wide selection of Olive Oil.





Colvita and Stonehouse are decent, but they taste too... Manufactured to me.





I like Pasolivo a lot; its grown and harvested in California, and im pretty sure you can buy it online.Where to buy good extra virgin olive oil?
shop rite/path mark..it's all about the brand though
Colavita. Major grocery stores or online.
Trader Joe's does have a very good olive oil from Greece and inexpensive there.


If your not happy. google search Greek Imports, or Italian Imports, and buy from the internet plenty of sites.

No comments:

Post a Comment