Thursday, January 7, 2010

Is there any substitute for olive oil with even a vaguely similar flavor? For salads.?

I recently found out that I am allergic to all things olive--trees, oil, etc. I love olive oil on my salads, but I have not found a reasonable substitute. I am looking for something with a rich, fruity but not sweet taste. I have tried peanut and sesame oil--neither worked, although the peanut oil is nice for cooking and marinades.





Help!Is there any substitute for olive oil with even a vaguely similar flavor? For salads.?
Walnut or pecan oil.Is there any substitute for olive oil with even a vaguely similar flavor? For salads.?
I use avocado oil on salads and it's really tasty,you could try adding a little cranberry to make it fruity.
grape seed oil and it has many of the same benifits!
Walnut oil is very good
I use rape seed oil for my cooking and salad dressing.
Coconut oil.

No comments:

Post a Comment