Thursday, January 7, 2010

What is the best oil to use when making salad dressing? I use Olive Oil, but it gets hard?

Everytime I want to have dressing, I pull it out of the fridge and it's all hard and unhealthy looking. Is there a better oil that won't get hard??What is the best oil to use when making salad dressing? I use Olive Oil, but it gets hard?
Having used every range in quality of XVOO I know exactly what you mean...they all coagulate as they are chilled (despite what some may say).





I think you'll have better luck with Canola, Salad or Peanut oil...I use corn oil from time to time also...Or, if you like the flavor as I do with olive oil, just pull it out an hour or so ahead of time.What is the best oil to use when making salad dressing? I use Olive Oil, but it gets hard?
Are you really using olive oil?? It doesn't go hard! Extra virgin Olive oil is best, and make the dressing right before eating. If you make too much, put it in an airtight container and use in 24hrs.
OLive oil get hard when it is refrigerated thats ok, just pull the dressing 1/2 hour before serving,.
The best to use is canola oil.
Be sure that you're using ';Extra Virgin'; Olive Oil. The olives used in the pressing are of a higher grade. Olive oil is the best for oil and vinegar salad dressings.
Canola oil is a fine, neutral oil. When making dressings with olive oil, I don't refrigerate, instead, I make it fresh (day of serving), allow to sit at room temp and then serve at meal time. This allows the flavors to mingle. I don't make a huge batch ahead for ';storage';.
Canola oil will stay liquid in the fridge.
Olive oil doesn't require refrigeration - just keep it in a cool dark cabinet and you won't have the problem.
How much of it did you use? You use only a little bit. Trying Canola Oil. Remember just a little will do. Another suggestion the vinegar oil varieties.
We use safflower oil, its more expensive but doesn't gel up in the fridge. It also has almost no flavor, so you get more of the flavor of the ingredients you put into the dressing.
Soybean oil, avocado oil, extra virgin olive oil. I make home made dressings with olive oil, and store them in the fridge, and I have NEVER had that problem.





Someone's testy.
Your not supposed to put olive oil in the fridge! No wonder it gets hard. The best and healthier kind of olive oil is virgin olive oil preferably the one called Bertolli i buy it at walmart. It smells and tastes great.
Gets hard???? Olive oil is the best for making homemade dressing.. Don't make it until your ready to serve it.. I don't know what kind of olive oil your using, but it doesn't get hard in my house..

No comments:

Post a Comment